Castle Leod is open to visitors on certain days from June to August 2013 (dates for open days). The castle also hosts various Special Events.
Provisional list of events in 2013 to be attended by The Clan Mackenzie Society of
Scotland and the UK:
- Saturday 13th April: Memorial Service at Culloden Battlefield. The service and wreath-laying takes place at 11am and this will be followed by lunch at the battlefield centre. Cabarfeidh has invited Clan Mackenzie Society members to attend
a remembrance service at the Mackenzie Jacobite Stone by Castle Leod at about 3.30pm. This will be followed by tea and light refreshments, storytelling, music and poetry.
Please contact the CMS Secretary for details.
- 20 April: Clan Mackenzie Society talk by Graeme Mackenzie (Genealogist) at the Stirling Management Centre which is at Stirling University (Macroberts Centre) for Saturday April 20th 2013 at 10.00 for
10.30 a.m. for coffee in the coffee shop. The talk will be followed by lunch for those who wish to attend. Any queries either to the Secretary, Susan Weinmann on 01667 462072
or John Mackenzie - email address: email@example.com
- 13 July: Roderick MacKenzie Memorial Service in Glenmoriston, followed by a riverside picnic.
- 20 July: "Hall of the Clans" in Eden Court during the Inverness Highland Games.
- Saturday 10th August: Strathpeffer Highland Games and Clan Mackenzie Tent (from 11am to late afternoon).
- Saturday 17th August: Talk on the Seaforth Portraits at Fortrose by Andrew MacKenzie.
List of other local Highland Games:
18th - 20th October: AGM weekend in Perth. AGM on Saturday afternoon, followed by dinner. Click here to view programme (PDF) and booking form (PDF).
Clan members at the Strathpeffer Games, August 2008
Canoe Challenge, 2007